Have a vibrant and happy marriage.
- Get ready after the kids are off to school with Hubby.
- Talk weekly at home for 2 hours uninterrupted.
- Go on a weekly date night.
I am happy to report all of these goals are happening! I have also added the Family goals of…
- spending the hours between 5-7 pm unplugged and doing household/ family tasks and events.
- AND spending Sunday unplugged as much as possible. My goal is to be as completely free of Sunday work responsibilities as possible.
I am adding more and more family time, and fun activities into our schedule. I wish it was a more natural inclination of mine, but I am glad I made these goals! I have recently started a morning prayer time that is helping me move forward in this area by leaps and bounds.
As you will see below, this summer I will be spending a LOT more time with family and less on work.
To be even more proactive in parenting the children God has blessed us with.
- Plan a monthly memorable family experience.
- Spend one hour each week listening to each child.
- On Sundays, look at the upcoming week and anticipate what I need to do for my kids.
Last month I had a HUGE revelation about what and how I need to be equipping my children.
This summer, I will be investing more time in teaching them adult skills like: ordering at a restaurant, carrying money, shopping, budgeting, etc. I plan on having my kids do more errands for me. I will drop them off with a task.
I am also giving them each $20 a week to budget for all the fast food that they ask for. Everything from treats at the pool to take out will count in their $20. Hopefully, that will allow me to say yes and their budget to say no.
We also have a lot of summer school preparations and homework to work on.
Have a financial surplus.
- Pay off debt.
- Use cash.
We are still using cash, which is amazing! Our debt is not growing, but not shrinking either. I am working on increasing our income and cutting our expenses at the same time.
My report is the same as last month. Finances are hard!
Be seen as a motivational problem solver.
- Continue to post 5 times a week.
- Develop 13 online –on demand workshops for organization, direct sales leaders and professional organizers.
- Continue to work with direct sales companies to develop and expand their training offerings.
- To coach women to reach their goals.
I am working with more and more coaching clients and really enjoying seeing others’ businesses grow and flourish! It is so fun to see people embrace their passions!
I have also started developing blogs for others. You can read all about that here.
HOWEVER – with my added mommy duties, yard work and the lazy summer brain I know will overtake me… I am not going to be posting blog posts on Friday. So every weekend this summer will be a 3 day weekend for me!
Simplify and beautify our home.
- Continue to de-clutter and organize our home.
- Utilize more electronic apps and systems.
Tomorrow, I will be sharing with you my summer challenge – 90 bags in 9 weeks. I can’t wait!
So, what about you? Do you set goals? Do you write them down?