Need a list of Twenty 5-Minute Tasks? Well, we’ve got you covered. Once you have streamlined and moved most of your household tasks to large chunks of time in your calendar, you can now start to use 5-minute snippets of time to knock off some of the repetitive routine tasks on your list. This opens up more valuable chunks of time to get done bigger – and more valuable – projects.
I know it sounds kind of counter intuitive, but if you are always doing little tasks here and there, you never feel done. If you have a 4-hour time block set aside to do those tasks and can knock 30 minutes off during the week through six 5-minute chunks, you feel accomplished and organized!
Here are twenty tasks I do in 5-minute pockets of time to get you started thinking about what your twenty tasks will be:
- Start a load of laundry
- Empty the dishwasher
- Fold a load of laundry
- Clean off the kitchen counter
- Do the dishes
- Clean out a shelf in the pantry
- Empty all the trash cans
- Pick up toys in the family room
- Collect all the towels and start the laundry
- Vacuum a room
- Delete email and voicemail from your phone
- Change your furnace filter
- Take items up or downstairs
- Go through your mail and open it all
- Write a thank you note
- Book a doctor appointment
- Refill soap dispensers
- Clean out 1 drawer
- Shred paper
- Put 10 things away
Use those minutes you spend talking on the phone or waiting for people knocking off your repetitive tasks!