Today on the podcast, I am putting all 3 of the "getting organized" steps into action in 2 NEW areas of our homes so you can see the whole process in action.
Step 1 - Decluttering
Decluttering means to remove what you do not want or need in a space.
Some obvious things to declutter are: food, trash, or broken objects.
Then it gets harder. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure, right? So how do you decide what should go and what should stay? The key here is to FOCUS on what can GO, not how to organize what you want to keep.
Step 2 - Organizing
- Everything has a place.
- I know where to find things.
- I do not spend time LOOKING for things.
- I FEEL organized and put together.
- I can have friends over and feel great.
- My house looks good… not perfect… but good.
- I feel confident in my abilities.
- I don’t have too little or too much.
- I have choices of how to spend my time.
- I am able to make forward progress on my goals and projects.
Step 3 - Increasing Productivity
Let’s look specifically at Increasing Productivity. Productivity comes from thinking and planning. Every minute you spend planning SAVES 4-5 minutes in executing your plan.
Planning = TIME SAVED.
While it may be hard to find time to plan your day, your meals or your vacation, you KNOW that when you do… everything goes easier and faster.
Planning is the ONE THING that will make everything else easier or not even need to be done at all.
Each step has its own goals and strategies for success. In this series, I will be describing each step from beginning to end and giving you actionable strategies to "get organized."
Listen to the podcast to hear about organizing the car and kid's bedrooms.
Download 3 Stages of Organization Printable.